In today’s fast-paced world, capturing attention and keeping it is more challenging than ever before. With an overwhelming amount of content available on every platform, customers have become less patient and are always seeking ways to cut through the noise. That’s where short form videos come in! In this blog post, we’ll explore why using short form videos can be the key to winning over your audience, driving engagement, and boosting sales. So buckle up – we’re about to show you how less really can be more!
As a society, we are used to being bombarded with advertising. We see it everywhere we go, from traditional TV and radio commercials to digital ads on our phones and computers. As a result, we’ve become pretty good at tune it out. In fact, research shows that the average person is exposed to over 5,000 marketing messages a day! That’s why more and more businesses are turning to short form video content to capture their audience’s attention.
What are Short Form Videos?
As the name suggests, short form videos are simply videos that are shorter in length than traditional, long-form videos. These videos can range in length from a few seconds to a few minutes, and are typically used for social media or online advertising purposes.
While some businesses may shy away from using short form videos because they believe that they won’t be able to effectively communicate their message in such a limited time frame, the truth is that these videos can be extremely powerful tools for engaging with your target audience and driving sales. Industry leader Hubspot has an excellent article on Short Form Video Trends that is worth perusing.
Benefits of Short Form Videos
- Short form videos are more likely to be watched all the way through than longer videos. This is because shorter videos are less likely to lose viewers’ attention span.
- Shorter videos are also more shareable on social media, which can help increase your brand’s reach and engagement.
- Short form videos tend to be more impactful and memorable than longer videos, making them more effective at driving sales and conversions.
- Finally, shorter videos are often less expensive and time-consuming to produce than longer ones, making them a more cost-effective option for marketing budgets.
- Morton Visuals has produced a series of FAQ videos that fit this need nicely. Rather than sharing a single (longer) asset once, they allow a business to trickle information out more regularly, which solves another content marketing problem. A half day of shooting can produce a month or two worth of social media posts – depending on how often you share on social media of course.
Strategies for Creating Short Form Video Content
There are a number of strategies you can use to create short form video content that is engaging and drives sales. Here are a few:
- Keep it short and sweet: The average attention span of viewers online is very short, so it’s important to keep your videos concise and to the point. Get your message across in as little time as possible. Think of it as making a single point, rather than a discussion or presentation.
- Be creative: Be creative with your video content and try to think outside the box. There are a lot of ways to be creative with videos, so don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Use calls to action: Include calls to action in your videos so that viewers know what you want them to do next. This could be something like visiting your website or subscribing to your YouTube channel. Or posting a comment!
- Use visuals: Use strong visuals in your videos to capture attention and keep viewers engaged. This could include using graphics, animations, or even filming in an interesting location.
- Promote your brand: Make sure your videos are promoting your brand in a positive light and that they reflect your company’s values. This will help build trust with viewers and encourage them to do business with you.
Tips for Using Engaging Visuals and Audio in Your Short Form Video
It’s no secret that people are visual creatures. In fact, studies show that we process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. That’s why using engaging visuals and audio in your short form video is so important.
When it comes to visuals, use high-quality images that are relevant to your topic and add value to your video. Be sure to keep the size of your visuals in mind as well – you don’t want them to overpower your video or distract from your message.
As for audio, choose music that is appropriate for your brand and target audience. The right music can set the tone of your video and make it more engaging. Just be sure to moderate the volume so it doesn’t drown out your voiceover or other important audio elements.
following these tips, you’ll be on your way to creating a short form video that is both engaging and effective.
If you’re new to the world of short form video, you might be wondering how and where to share your videos. Here are a few tips:
- Use platforms like YouTube and Vimeo to host your videos. These platforms are free and easy to use, and they’ll help you reach a larger audience. Plus, you can optimize your videos for SEO on these platforms, which will help you rank higher in search results. From these platforms you can embed videos in to your own website, which will save you on storage space and bandwidth.
- Share your videos on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This will help you reach even more people who might be interested in your product or service. Just make sure to include a call-to-action in your posts so that people know what they should do after watching your video (e.g., “click here to learn more”).
- Embed your videos on your company website or blog. This is a great way to keep people on your site longer and give them more reasons to buy from you. Plus, it allows you to control the look and feel of your video player, which can help create a stronger brand image.
From storytelling and creating a personal connection with your audience to increasing engagement, short form videos have the potential to drive sales by quickly delivering information and engaging viewers. The creative possibilities are practically limitless – take full advantage of these benefits and really stand out in today’s saturated market. Give it a try – you may be surprised at what kind of success you can achieve through the power of micro-videos! Contact Morton Visuals to discuss how we can help!